Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Klan rally?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Klan rally?

    Was it in gate city? Well I guess its still going on, good thing I missed it, always thought my anger would get the best of me if I was ever around them.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Klan rally?

    I hadn't heard of one, but it wouldn't have surprised me if there was one in Dungannon. Theres guy in the KKK down there that has a get together for members every so often.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Klan rally?

    Didn't hear anything about one recently.

    Two klan stories....

    There was one in BSG in the late 80's, my friend Ricky (who is black) and me watched it go by while seated on one of the benches at Miner park. I remember neither of us had much to say as they went by, we just sort of watched. Then as the last one passed by he said something like, "well, they were more funny than scary." We just laughed and got up and rode off.

    Nothing to see here, move along......

    A couple of years later an elderly woman I had known my enter life had a son who was involved in some Klan meetings and the such. I ran into them one day and she said, "Markie (she always called me Markie) who won't believe what (insert sons name here) did to me." I asked her what he had done while glancing at him, he was kind of hanging his head and shuffling his feet.

    She continued "He said he wanted to go to a parade and wanted me to drive him (he had lost his license). It was in Gate City and on the way over I asked him what type of parade it was? He mumbled something and I thought he said CLOWNS. Well....when we got there it sure was a bunch of clowns!"

    Bless her heart she's gone now, but I always smile when I think about that.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Klan rally?

    Its either going on right now or about an hour ago. Pics and status updates all over facebook, said at the courthouse. I figure its that same bunch from dungannon.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2009
    Posts
    852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Klan rally?

    Oh lord. What an embarrassment to the region that such an organization exists.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Klan rally?

    Yep I just saw pics from a friends facebook page as well. What idiots.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #7
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Klan rally?

    There's a KKK member who comes in Books-A-Million all the time. KKK hat, belt buckle, denim jacket, denim shirts. Super, super, super nice and polite guy (probably because I'm white).

    But those Dungannon rallies are hilarious.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •